A Weekend on the Water With Two Funny Girls!
We’re officially in summer and it’s finally time to get outside and on the water! Here at Two Funny Girls, we’re Texas-based, meaning the summers are even hotter and a water weekend is SO needed! Plus, is there really anything better than spending the day floating with friends?
We know that some get to head to the coast while others are land-locked for the season, but as long as you’re outside soaking up good weather with good friends – who’s complaining!? Whether that means dipping your toes in the lake or taking in the salt of the sea, Two Funny Girls has all the custom cups and products you need to soak up the sunshine.
The key to a perfect day on the water is showing up prepared. What’s in your beach tote? We recommend a few staples. Summer means sunshine, and sunshine means skincare! Make sure to pack your favorite SPF and full coverage hat to keep the rays to a minimum. You never know where the day will take you, so pack an extra change of dry clothes in case the party goes from sea to land! To prep for your party supplies, grab a few bags of ice to keep cocktails cool. Of course, we’ll be packing our boat day essentials in one of our insulated canvas cooler totes!
Sipping on Sunshine
Take on the heat with cool cocktails – after all, boat days call for sipping and sunshine. Swap your glass for cute (and boat safe!) custom cups or make waves this summer with our personalized Styrofoam cups that are sure to float your boat! Our go-to drink this summer has to be the Bird of Paradise, from Bon Appétit. We suggest making ahead or packing all the ingredients in your boat day bag for on-the-water cocktails.
Paradise in a Cocktail:
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appétit
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 oz. Aperol
- 1 oz. rum
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- Combine sugar and 1/4 cup water in a jar, cover, and shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine the Aperol, rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, and 1/4 oz. syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Cover and shake vigorously, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into your custom cup and enjoy!
Lunch on the water is the best reservation! Create some perfect pairings to your cocktail of choice with the ultimate snacks for smooth sailing all summer long. Pre-pack your lunch favorites and make sure to keep them fresh and on ice. For munching all day long, a fruit or veggie platter is a must-have for dipping before diving. You can always go with a pre-made sandwich platter from your local grocer for a full meal, but we love the idea of packing some freshly grilled chicken kebabs!
Ke-bobbing Down the River:
Recipe courtesy of Jax Boat Club
What you’ll need:
- Veggies (we recommend green and red peppers, onions, all your faves!)
- Chicken breast, cubed
Skew it up!
- Pile your veggies and chicken on to kebab skewers and season with olive oil and your favorite spices.
- Grill and wrap in aluminum foil to preserve for the day
- On the boat, simply unwrap from foil and serve to your first mates!
If your summer time decor is as important as the boat at the end of your dock, we’ve got you covered. Looking for a summer house staple? We recommend our personalized stadium cups that hold up to 22 oz and can be customized with your monogram or summer house name. We love that these cups can be used every day in the house as well as a safe option for around the pool or on the water. Use these for your own beach or lake house or give them as a gift. Either way, a sleeve of these cups is sure to add a custom touch all summer long!
Looking for a DIY lake or beach house project? We love this DIY Summer Sunset Pallet Sign from Giggles Galore – easy to make and you can personalize with your family name!
A Fresh Feast
At the end of a sunny day at the beach or on the lake, keep the party going with our favorite fresh recipes of the summer. Serve in style with our favorite personalized party napkins or custom printed paper treat cups! A fun twist is serving this fresh corn and zucchini chowder in the paper treat cups for extra personalization. With fun prints and colors for the summer, dinner will look AND taste amazing. Even better? Clean up is a breeze.
Recipe curtesy of Little Broken
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1/2 of a large onion)
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 cups water (or veggie stock!)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ears of sweet fresh corn, husk + silk removed and cut off the cob
- 1 medium zucchini, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup of half + half
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- cayenne pepper (optional!)
- In a large heavy-duty stockpot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon renders its fat and begins to brown (about three to four minutes).
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and thyme. Cook until veggies begin to soften, about five minutes.
- Add potatoes, water (or veggie stock) and bay leaf. Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer, then lower the heat back to medium and simmer for eight to ten minutes or until potatoes are halfway cooked.
- Add zucchini and corn; season with salt and pepper, to taste, and simmer for additional eight to twelve minutes or until the vegetables are completely tender.
- Discard the bay leaf before transferring two cups of chowder to food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Stir mixture back into the pot and add the half and half until just heated through.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley and a sprinkle of (optional) cayenne pepper.
Ah, another beautiful summer day on the water. Send guests home with more than a sunburn – order up some sleeves of our personalized shatterproof cups for a gift that will be used all summer long. And if you’re visiting? Head over to our gifting guide for perfectly personalized host or hostess gifts.