It may still be 90+ degrees in Texas, but we’re ready for fall! One of our favorite ways to celebrate the cooler weather is with a Halloween party. There’s something about Halloween that seems to kick off the holiday season. Before we know it, we’ll be making our new year resolutions and welcoming in 2020. The key to not letting the craziness of the holidays get to you is party planning – way ahead of time!
Halloween Party Prep
For your Halloween hosting, you can’t go wrong with killer food, drinks and decorations. Get your skeleton squad together for a night of eerie entertainment and recipes that will have you resting in peace. Whether you’re going all out or just looking for some ways to take your trick-or-treat to the next level, we’ve got all the spook-tacular supplies you need!
The first step to any good party is getting the word out in advance. Swap your classic RSVP with an invite that’s sure to get checked “YES!” Wrap up crave-worthy candy in a treat bag and fill out your party deets on one of our personalized Halloween gift tag stickers. Hand these out to neighbors or stick in the mailbox of your other ghoulish guests.
Set the scene right when guests walk in with your decorations. A go-to that’s both cost effective and creepy is a cobweb that drapes over the entrance of doors or on stairwells. This season’s steal: Amazon’s 800 sqft spider web for under $9! The food and drink station will be the heart of this party, so make yours cute and customized!
Tie everything together with scented candles throughout the house to set the mood. We love anything that reminds of fall – pumpkin spice, cinnamon or hazelnut are always favorites!
Bring Out the Boos This Halloween
To get the party started, we’re loving this corpse-approved cocktail from Alicia Wood Lifestyle! She suggests swapping the club soda for Blood Orange San Pellegrino and ditching the strawberries for a ghoulish twist. For extra fun, grab some of our personalized drink stirrers. They’re a perfect add-on to your Halloween table spread and are perfect for keeping these creepy cocktails fresh all night long.
Spooky Halloween Sangria
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup of Brandy
- 1 Bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot (Chilled)
- 10 Ounces of Blood Orange San Pellegrino
- 1/2 of an Organe, Thinly Sliced
Let’s Get Boos-y!
- Place sugar, orange juicy and lemon juice in a large pitcher
- Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Add remaining ingredients and stir
- Pour over ice in one of our personalized shatterproof Halloween cups
Drinking Games? Sign Us Up.
While the theme is death, add a little life to your party with a fun drinking game. For a simple yet spooky setup, glue (or draw!) on eyeballs to a ping pong ball. Voila! Boo-worthy beer pong. Pro tip? Use our ready to ship Styrofoam Halloween cups for easy cleanup.
You’ll want to have lots of not-so-scary party fun for the kids too, so order one of these Halloween bean bag toss games from Oriental Trading!
For a table centerpiece that’s both decorative and decadent, go for this Halloween cake from Memory Makin’ Momma. It’s easy to make and definitely Instagram-worthy! If you have kids around the house, they’ll love to help top this cake and probably steal a few candies along the way.
A Treat Fit For the Devil!
What You’ll Need:
- One box of Pillsbury devil’s food cake mix
- Two containers of Pillsbury orange icing
- One tube of black decorating gel
- Your favorite candy and treats to decorate!
We love that this recipe is so simple and quick that you can make the same day of your party. Simply whip together the cake following instructions on the box and top with the orange icing. Get creative with the toppings and deck out this devilish cake with your Halloween favorites! Serve this sweet treat up on our personalized Halloween napkins.
Send guests home with a goodie bag to remember your boo-zy bash! Fill up these personalized party favor boxes with a monster mix that everyone will munch on for days to come. We love this recipe from Yes To Yolks!
Munch on This Monster Mix
For the Marshmallow Coating:
- One Stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- Two tablespoons of Light Corn Syrup
- 12 Large Marshmallows
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
For The Mix:
- 8 Cups of Popped Popcorn
- 2 Cups Cereal of Choice
- 1 Cup Salted Nuts of Choice, Lightly Salted (Peanuts are Best!)
- 1 Cup M&M’s (Stay on Theme With Their Halloween Mix)
- 1/2 Cup Candy Corn and Candy Corn Pumpkins
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- Halloween-Themed Sprinkles
Let’s Get Poppin’
- In a large bowl, toss together the popcorn, pretzels, cereal and nuts. Spread the mixture out in an even layer on two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Carefully pour the marshmallow coating over the mixture, coating it as evenly as possible. Gently toss with a spatula until everything is evenly coated.
- Once the mixture has mostly cooled, add the mini marshmallows, M&Ms, candy corn and sprinkles. You still want it a little bit warm so everything adheres to the popcorn!
- Store the snack mix in an airtight container for up to a week. It should stay soft and slightly gooey!
We hope you’re all loving this time of year as much as we are! Host away this Halloween and make sure to tag us when you celebrate – we love seeing how you style our products! Looking for more Halloween inspiration, recipes and more? Follow us on Pinterest!
Shop The Blog:
Personalized Halloween Drink Stirrers
Ready to Ship Styrofoam Halloween Cups
Personalized Gift Tag Stickers (or RSVPs!)
Personalized Party Favor Boxes
Blood Orange Sangria from Alicia Wood Lifestyle
Halloween Cake from Memory Makin’ Momma