Always order up if the cup size you want is in question. The ounce size listed is “filled cup capacity”, or total amount of liquid volume held. So, a 12 oz can of soda will fit in a 12 oz cup, but you need room for ice, and some sloshing around.
The following are just a few suggestions regarding cup sizes:
- 4-10 ounce for kids or ice cream,
- 9 -14 ounces for wine or cocktails,
- 16+ ounces soda and beer.
- 12 oz soft drink over ice fits nicely in a 16, 20 or 24 oz cup (depeding how much ice you prefer)
- a 12 oz beer works best in a 16 oz cup.
A 16 oz cup is the most versatile size if you intend to serve mixed drinks, wine and beer and only want to order one size cup. This is what we sell the most of in Styrofoam, stadium and shatterproof.